“Was supposed to stay in another hotel w friend but through a last min change of plans, I made an impromptu booking for Maduzi as it fits my criteria of budget, proximity and also safety.
The best things abt Maduzi:
1. Flexible check in timing allowed me so much more time to explore the city upon arrival. I’m impressed that at 7am, my room was ready and boy, the next point is the surprise I received.
2. Huge rooms are apparently something which Maduzi rewards her guests with as I had such a huge disappointment w another hotel the night before. Below are some photos to justify my claims. No kidding. Not only does the hotel set up instruction manuals for the various hotel amenities in the most interesting way through the form of comic strips, the management is set to impress and pamper the guest w:
a. A huge walk in wardrobe
B. A personal jacuzzi tub
C. An impressive powder room beside the wash area
D. Thoughtful mini bar in room refreshed on a daily basis
E. A huge (I mean humongous!) deluxe bed that swallows you up
F. Boss sound system. No kidding ok!
G. Your personal coffee making machine in the room....
*hey management, you are just so into spoiling your guests are u?? I’m soooo loving it!
3. Location wise, how could the management have understood a girl’s heart so well???? Besides being right opposite TERMINAL 21 (and that means you are near BOTH BTS AND MRT), Maduzi is also very well situated near the sukhumvit area. The strategic tie in w Oasis spa which provided 2 way transportation certainly made a girl’s day shine brighter than a diamond.
4. Breakfast options are far from the same old same old boring buffet spread. Call me a bore, i was really expecting the normal fare such as toast, cereals, porridge blahx3. Imagine my surprise when a full selection of different cuisines presented as a full meal was offered. Not wanting to disappoint the usual crowd expecting a buffet spread, Maduzi offers a petite line of fresh fruits, yoghurt, mini croissants, cheese and salami platter tucked in a corner elegantly waiting for guests to help themselves in a delicate manner. What is this you call? Superb fine dining to help kickstart your day without the unnecessary extravagance.
5. As a solo travelled, safety is my top priority and while many other accommodation choices were presented which could be more convenient eg, on top of shopping malls et al, a girl just needs a safe haven for a personal quiet retreat yah? Enters Maduzi whose outlook appears to be a normal apartment along the road but is securely gated to ensure guests privacy and security at all times. I like it that the gates are well maintained by the diligent guards and it’s not a flashy entrance for the guests but more reflective of a place which embraces personal retreat.
The already-superb but can be better areas which I hope Maduzi can improve on is as follows:
1. May I have a swimming pool pls? It’s impt that one can chill both body and mind at the same time and it’s a pity I can’t swim in such a nice place to enjoy the view and clear my head.
2. Blame it on myself for gg back late (~9pm) on a Saturday night. The road outside Maduzi may be a tad quiet and there was a guy behind me who splashed water on me as a prank. Thkfully it was a short walk and I was able to reach the hotel v quickly. May I suggest that a tuk tuk svc or pick up svc be made available for lady guests as a value added svc? The ladies will truly appreciate the kind thoughts of having their interests at heart.
Last but not least, I just want to shout out in desperation, ‘Why aren’t there enough time for me to retreat in my room despite the late check out at 8pm?’
My sincere thanks to the hotel management once again for allowing me to have this little enclave to chill, relax and refresh my mind. I truly wish I had more time to spend in the hotel just to enjoy its facilities which I didn’t have time to explore eg the TV room, my welcome drink which I didn’t cater enough time to claim and oh yes, time for another unwind session in the jacuzzi.
Till the next time we meet again, you shall always be the best destination in BKK and I’m sure to come back again for more.”