Hotels in Mergui Archipelago:
What is your ideal holiday destination?
Itineraries in Myanmar:
What is your ideal holiday destination?
Wa Ale Private Island Resort in the Mergui Archipelago: An Adventure Traveler’s DreamWa Ale is our exclusive private Island resort in the Mergui Archipelago boasting luxury tented and treetop villas, private houses and breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea. Guests are invited to indulge in Ayurvedic spa treatments, enjoy a fresh, healthy fusion of Southeast Asian and Mediterranean cuisines, snorkel and dive the caves and coral reefs, kayak and paddleboard the untouched rivers, rocky headlands, and mangrove swamps, and explore the aquatic and jungle wonderland of the Lampi Marine National Park - an ASEAN Heritage Park boasting a rich biodiversity of more than 1000 species. Wa Ale Island Resort Mergui archipelago is a perfect blend of luxury, privacy, and environmental sustainability – the ultimate island escape and a true luxury seeking adventure traveler's dream.
Top Attractions from Your Private Island Resort in the Mergui ArchipelagoOnce a haven for pirates and now the home of the Sea Gypsies, these Andaman Islands were only relatively recently, and slowly, opened to foreign visitors making a stay at a private island resort in the Mergui Archipelago truly unique as much of the region is yet to be explored.
- Island Hopping: Embark on a journey of exploration and discovery from one of our carefully selected just for you boutique hotels in Mergui as you hop from one breathtaking island to another. Each of the over 800 islands possesses a unique charm, from white sandy beaches to lush rainforests. Don't miss the opportunity to visit Lampi Island, the largest island in the region and home to extraordinary wildlife, including sharks, sea turtles and hornbills.
- Snorkeling and Diving: The Mergui Archipelago is a diver's paradise, and quickly gaining a stellar reputation as a must-dive destination, offering crystal-clear waters teeming with vibrant coral reefs, underwater fields of seagrass, and a bewilderingly rich marine life. Grab your snorkeling gear from reception at your resort in the Mergui Archipelago or opt for one of our trusted scuba diving excursions to discover an underwater world filled with colorful fish, Manta rays, and the chance to glimpse marine giants like the majestic, but elusive, Whale Shark.
- Kayaking through Mangroves: Explore the archipelago's intricate network of rivers and mangroves by kayaking through serene waterways a stone’s throw from one of our Mergui Archipelago boutique hotels. Paddle amidst towering trees, observe rare exotic bird species, seek out a Dugong or two, and soak in the tranquility of these enchanting ecosystems.
- Indigenous Village Visits: Ask our Mergui Archipelago boutique hotels team about visiting a Moken village. The Moken Sea Gypsies have a deep connection to the ocean and have managed to defy the outside world and maintain their astonishing cultural heritage. Learn about their sustainable fishing techniques, pearl-oyster diving, and admire their impressive boat-building skills.
- Yacht Charters: Enhance your Mergui Archipelago experience by chartering a yacht or sailing boat from Thailand to your resort Mergui archipelago. Set sail on the azure waters, stopping at remote islands, secluded bays, and hidden coves along the way. Indulge in the freedom of exploring this tropical paradise at your own pace, while enjoying top-notch amenities on board. A Secret Retreats cruise from Thailand to the Mergui archipelago offers one of the best cruising experiences in the region and is one of the best ways to explore this breathtaking water-world. Contact the Secret Retreats travel team today to start planning your trip to one of Southeast Asia’s least known and lesser travelled gems.
Travel Asia with Secret Retreats
Secret Retreats is a curated community of independent boutique hotel, villas, yachts and river boats keen to share their Asian Homes with travelers, sustainably and responsibly.
Conservation of the environment, culture and traditions of Asia is of paramount importance to all in Secret Retreats.
A community of like-minded hospitality professionals, we offer our guests authentic travel experiences that go beyond typical offerings to unveil the essence of Asia. Supporting the Asia based hoteliers and hospitality professionals and providing incredible holidays in Asia and tailor-made Asia travel itineraries direct to public ad travel agents.
Get inspired and make savings!
By booking direct with Secret Retreats and enjoy peace of mind from our full on the ground support. Contact our concierge and plan then book your Asia holiday now!