“This place is honestly as good as you can hope to find for a holiday. Absolutely everything about it was perfect.
It’s difficult to know where to start in describing it but the big things were:
– The estate is all exquisite, colonial style – built and collected by one (Italian) lady over 20 or so years. Her passion shows through in every price of furniture and every building. Fortunately it is still beautifully maintained even today
– The service is far from old school though. The staff knew us perfectly and were fantastically well coordinated everywhere we went. If we were having lunch, they would confirm our spa plans for the afternoon, for example. Very slick.
– The rooms were fantastic. Spacious, well equipped and with the most incredible views of the mountains and jungle below us.
– There were activities all through the day: horse riding, coffee plantation tours, spa treatments. All entirely optional but very insightful and inspiring. There were also lots of outdoor games like croquet etc for us to play.
– The afternoon tea was a perfect touch end of the day – sitting out on the Verandah...
– The food was excellent. Always really tasty and a great blend of western and Javanese
– The spa and hammam were incredible. The Hammam was such a treat – a full Turkish bath that was luxuriously decked out. The staff were also probably the best masseuses that we’ve ever seen
– We did a few excursions / walks through local plantations or up one of the nearby peaks. They were a must do for me – so perfect.
This place is basically like “”out of africa”” in java – just perfect.
Stayed February 2017, traveled with family”