Athita The Hidden Court is an intimate boutique hotel set in the heart of Chiang Saen. With just 9 rooms and suites, the hotel only accepts guests from the age of 12years and up. The boutique hotel’s quiet yet convenient location is enhanced in being next to the 700year old Athi Ton Kaew Buddhist Temple and being just a short 70m walk to the Mekong River that runs through Chiang Saen. A stunning contemporary Thai design, the architecture is a pleasant mix of spaces in natural tones with the colour palette created by the use of locally source teak-wood and traditional handmade fired earth bricks, the same as used in the construction of the neighbouring ancient Buddhist temple, altogether creating a space that is very restful on the eyes and on the soul. Family owned and run, the team at Athita The Hidden Court enjoy sharing their Thai heritage and the secrets of Chiang Saen, Chiang Rai and Northern Thailand’s ancient culture and traditions with guests.
The hotel also features a swimming pool, spa, a café and restaurant serving the freshest locally grown coffee, a range of freshly made fruit drinks and infusions, and a delicious selection of Thai and Lanna (Northern Thai) dishes. And with breakfast options from both Thai and International cuisines. With the family keen to share their heritage and culture with their guests the team at Athitha The Hidden Court have created a fascinating choice of cultural activities to enjoy from traditional forms of massage, discover Lanna culture, river trips on the Mekong, joining in the daily alms giving ceremony to Buddhist monks, traditional fabric dyeing, meditation, visits to see hand-loom weavers in action and guided city tours of Chiang Saen. With so much to see and do at Athita The Hidden Court Chiang Saen, one visit is never enough.
Ms Nanthakarn Limjarean
Your Host and The Team
“We welcome you to stay with us here at Athita. A comfortable place to rest your head, good food, and friendly staff all making you feel at home during your stay. Chiang Saen is the town where I was born and grew up, a peaceful city full of history and traditions. Athita The Hidden Court is my way of encapsulating the history, culture, and feel of my hometown. Something I can hand down to my family for future generations to share with the people who stay with us here, as we enjoy all Chiang Saen has to offer together... Thank you.”
Superior Pagoda View Room (5 units)
Deluxe Private Garden (2 units)
Lotus Garden Suite (2 units)
Facilities and Highlights
- The Athita Cafe and Restaurant that features Lanna and Thai cuisine made from locally grown organic produce. Vegetarian dishes also available.
- Salt water swimming Pool 4 x 10m.
- Spa offering a choice of little-known traditional massage treatments including the Lanna Fire Massage, an ancient local technique using a combination of fire, natural oils, and local herbs to relieve muscle tension and promote healing and relaxation.
- Visits to local handloom-weavers or guided city tours.
- Boat trips on the Mekong River.
- Practice meditation.
- The courtyard garden: a grass courtyard set between Athita and Wat Athi Ton Kaeow. The courtyard is a central point of the hotel linking the ancient world of our neighbouring 700year old Buddhist Temple and the present day and contemporary world of Athita The Hidden Court.
- Morning alms giving ceremony – give alms to the monks on their morning alms round.
- Artisanal Workshops – choose from learning about traditional methods of fabric dyeing and teak woodblock printing techniques. Make and take home your own handmade, by you, souvenir!
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 9
Time zone: (GMT+07:00) Bangkok
Currency accepted: THB
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, JCB, Diners, UnionPay
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on email@example.com
ACCESSAthita is located in Chiang Saen, between Wat Athi Ton Kaeo Historic Site and the Mekong River. We are happy to assist with Airport Transfers, please contact the Secret Retreats Concierge to book your private transfers to Athita The Hidden Court Chiang Saen.
Airport: Chiang Rai Domestic Airport (CEI) - 60 km
Airport: Chiang Mai International Airport( CNX) – 230km (4hrs drive)
CONTACT983 Moo2, Wieng, Chiang Saen,Chiang Rai, Thailand 57150
โรงแรมอทติ า 984 หมู่ 2 ต.เวียง อ.เชียงแสน จ.เชียงราย 57150 , Thailand
From the start, we have grown our business keeping in mind the local environment and community. We actively participate and support local activities, traditions, arts, and culture. In designing and building Athita we have been careful to respect the environment ensure we use eco-friendly products and services in our operations. We are a member of Go-Green Booking Company, eco-friendly products and travel services that have been proved to be responsible for our world by reducing the emission of greenhouse gases. With the Athia Volunteer Project, our ambition is to clean up the town, collect rubbish and recycle what can be recycled, upcycle what can be upcycled. As volunteers, we try to inspire our local community and help them to see the importance caring for our environment and ofkeeping our home town clean.