The Ahsa Farmstay is a working farm with 4 delightfully elegant guest rooms, perfect for couples, solo travellers and families. The Farmstay has been featured in many magazines for its architectural design elegance, very much the attention to detail one would expect of a boutique hotel in a rustic-luxe, warm and homely setting. Stays at Ahsa Farmstay are all full board with much of the produce straight from the surrounding fields. Guests can get ‘hands-on’ with the host family and learn the art of Lanna (Northern Thai) cuisine in cooking classes, or head to the fields for some farm experiences. At 32 acres there is lots to do on the farm, from collecting fresh eggs to feeding the ducks and geese, or maybe learning about rice cultivation, or tapping the estates rubber trees. There is always lots to see, learn and experience on this working farm.
The community is a key part of rural Thai life, and guests at the Ahsa Farmstay are invited to join the family in giving alms to the monks on their early morning alms rounds. And a visit to the local market is a must do activity in a rural community. After a busy morning head out on a guided trek in the surrounding hills and countryside before returning to the Ahsa Farmstay for a traditional massage or perhaps a relax in the Ahsa’s take on a traditional herbal sauna. A stay at the Ahsa Farmstay is as relaxing as it can get, immersed in lush green landscapes, dining on the freshest produce literally farm to table, and taking a step back from your busy modern life to a lifestyle that follows the seasons, slowly and in tune with the natural world. Accommodation is on full board basis (Breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Your Host and The Team
“My idea was to create a stay with the standards of a boutique hotel comfort within a homestay setting, or in our case, a Farmstay setting, on our family farm. I want to share with our guests a good combination of both an Authentic Local Experience but with modern comfort, akin to a stay in a boutique hotel in Northern Thailand. Hosted by our family who stay at the farm with you and sharing our secret recipes of Lanna (Northern Thailand) and Thai cuisines, and at the same time give guests the chance to enjoy activities on the farm such as rice planting (a year round activity), rice harvesting (seasonal), rubber tapping and experience our homeland hands-on.”
The Double Rooms (2 units)
The Family Rooms (2 units)
Facilities and Highlights
- 35 acres of organic farmlands: Ahsa Farmstay is set within a rural community and surrounded by beautiful countryside in Mae Salong, Chiang Rai province, Northern Thailand.
- Dining: Farm to table dining on the freshest produce and prepared into delicious local dishes. Cuisine is Thai and Lanna (Northern Thai) which feature an abundance of vegetables and herbs.
- Cooking Classes: Learn to cook Thai and Lanna style in the Ahsa Farmstay open-air sala.
- The uniquely Ahsa ‘Chicken Coop’ Sauna: a traditional herbal sauna set within purpose-built rattan chicken coops.
- Farm Activities: Guests are encouraged to join in activities on the farm with the family and local community, including rice cultivation, rubber tree tapping, feeding the animals and more.
- Guided Trekking: Visit a local Akha Hilltribe village and learn about their unique lifestyles and beliefs.
GENERAL168/1 หมู่ 14 หมู่บ้านแม่สลองใน ทางเข้าวัดแม่สลองใน ตำบลป่าซาง อำเภอแม่จัน เชียงราย
Total number of rooms: 4
Time zone: (GMT+07:00) Bangkok
Currency accepted: THB
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on email@example.com
ACCESSAhsa Farmstay is located near Mae Salong in Chiang Rai Province, about 40km from the city of Chiang Rai. We can assist with Airport Transfers, please contact the Secret Retreats Concierge.
Airport: Chiang Rai Domestic Airport (CEI) - 36 km
Airport: Chiang Mai International Airport ( CNX) – 230km (4hrs drive)
CONTACTAddress: 168/1 Moo 14 Baan Mae Salong Nai, Tambol Pasang - Amphoe Maechan Chiang Rai 57110 , Thailand