Sail aboard a restored teak riverboat up the meandering Kaladan River amidst water buffalo, river birds, paddy fields, and soak in a life of yesteryear. Up river, Mrauk U Princess is a gateway to the ancient kingdom of Arakan. Explore 500 year-old temples and stupas scattered across the hills of the former capital, and journey out to the tattooed, fur and bone clad Chin tribes by boat. A traditional spa, swimming pool, and authentic Rakhine cuisine adds to the magical experience.
Thinn Thinn Hlaing
Your Host & The Team
“A hidden wonder filled with ancient architecture and artefacts, Mrauk U is a place of extraordinary significance in Burmese and Arakanese history. To help share this lost kingdom, we restored two teak riverboats to allow our guests to explore the area in comfort and style.”
Facilities & Highlights
- Floating pool 12x6m, in a lotus pond.
- Rakhine cuisine is famous for seafood and fish and Chef Nu Nu Yee sources all ingredients from local markets or our own organic garden.
- After a day visiting temples, or to relax after a long journey to reach Mrauk U, let our Spa team pamper you with some traditional massage or thanaka scrub to smoothen your skin.
- Mrauk U served as the last great Rakhine capital for 354 years from 1430 to 1784. Explore with us Pisi Phaya, with spectacular view over the temples, city walls and its gates, the impressive Koe Thaung temple with the Buddha 90,000 images, Pharaouk temple, Mong Khong Shwe Du and Zina Manaung. Or again Lakse Lake, the moat and water reservoir of the last palace of Mrauk U. There is so much to visit that 3 days are needed and we can organize the visits for you.
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 23
Time zone: (GMT+06:30) Rangoon
Currency accepted: USD, MMK
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard
Electricity voltage: 230V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on email@example.com
ACCESS2 ways to reach the hotel:
- by car from Sittwe airport about 3h30 mn drive.
-by boat (public or private charter cruise) 4 to 6 hours depnding on boat and tide.
Nearest Airport: Sittwe Domestic Airport (AKY) - 65 km
CONTACTAung Tat Village, Mrauk Oo, Rakhine State 7043 Mrauk Oo , Myanmar