Muhammad Erick Endarfan
Your Host and The Team
A Maringi Eco Resort with Boutique Hotel Comfort and Service Standards
There has been no compromise in comfort in the creation of this Maringi eco resort, it offers all the comfort of a Sumba Island resort and boutique hotel while supporting and giving back to the local community. As a foundation, all profits from the operations of the hotel are poured straight back in to the foundation and its educational programs. The hospitality school is close to the hotel, within the same grounds, but with serenity and privacy assured for guests in the placement of the guest rooms. Offering 9 rooms, the Maringi Sumba hotel’s rooms are all independent pavilions, with 5 Bamboo Pavilions and 4 Pool Pavilions.
The Bamboo Pavilions are delightful bamboo structures, wooden floors, bamboo and stone walls, with a high peaked roof over an octagonal structure. The rounded oval windows and door add to the soft and natural look of the architecture.The Pool Pavilions are large bungalows of bamboo and stone, with tiled floors and overlooking the hotel’s swimming pool.
Maringi Sumba is where the students of the foundation cut their teeth with their newly learned hospitality skills so the attention to detail from the students is superlative in the way they care for and service the hotel’s guests. Additionally, Maringi Sumba has a full suite of services and facilities available to guests. The hotel’s spa offers a full range of treatments and massage including scrubs, facials, aromatherapy, hot stone, Swedish and Balinese massage. The restaurant bar and lounge serve breakfast, lunch and dinner rather than open all day. The kitchen team at Maringi Sumba offers traditional Balinese, Indonesian and Western cuisines, all crafted from fresh locally sourced ingredients. And much of the vegetables and herbs used in Maringi Sumba’s kitchens come straight from farm to table, from the hotel’s own organic farm and gardens.
A Stay at this Maringi Eco Resort Gives and Gives Back
As a foundation this Maringi hotel and hospitality school was built with giving in mind, and a stay at this Maringi eco resort gives as much to the local community as it gives to the guests. In sharing the warm hospitality in a sustainable and responsible way, and in sharing the stories and experiences of the Sumbanese culture with guests, a rich and rewarding Sumba Island resort stay is provided. And in staying at Maringi Sumba, every dollar guests spend goes towards supporting the students of the hospitality school and the local community. A stay at Maringi Sumba though just keeps on giving. Thanks to the foundation’s sincere approach to eco-tourism, stays at Maringi Sumba also support sustainable and responsible tourism on Sumba Island. It is the foundation’s belief that responsible tourism is essential for the protection of Sumba’s environment and ancient culture.
By investing in the local economy, the rural community is supported, and by providing opportunities for the local youth to study and learn hospitality, once qualified, they can find work on the island taking the message of sustainability from the Maringi eco resort with them and staying close to their families and community on their home island of Sumba. Maringi Sumba is so much more than simply a Maringi hotel, an eco resort and foundation, it is the focus of the future for so many of Sumba’s youth, a hospitality school and an excellent Sumba hotel where the dedication, enthusiasm and passion of the students and staff at Maringi Sumba will ensure the service style and stay experience for every guest is as good as that of any of the best Sumba and Indonesian boutique hotels.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Laundry, 3 pieces per person per day.
- Roundtrip airport transfers (from/to Tambolaka Airport).
- Roundtrip shuttle to and from the beach.
Bamboo Pavilion (5 units)At approximately 40sqm the Bamboo Pavilions are perfect for solo travellers and couples. These rooms are set with a queen-sized bed and a semi-outdoor en-suite private bathroom with rain shower and complimentary toiletries. Other features include fan and air-conditioning, mosquito net, in-room safe and writing desk.
Pool Pavilion (4 units)Maringi Sumba’s 4 Pool Pavilions are a little larger than the Bamboo Pavilions. At 70sqm they are equally perfect for solo travellers, couples or up to a maximum of 3 guests with the addition of an extra bed (chargeable). The Pool Pavilions are close to Maringi Sumba’s swimming pool and are fitted with a king-sized bed and a private en-suite semi-outdoor bathroom with rain shower. Other features of these rooms include complimentary toiletries, in-room safe, air-conditioning, a fan, and a mosquito net.
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 9 guest rooms
Check-out until 12:00
Time zone: (GMT+08:00) Singapore
Currency accepted: IDR
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type:
ACCESSTransfer from Tambolaka Airport is included in the room package.
Airport: Tambolaka Airport (TMC) - 11 km
CONTACTJalan Mananga Aba, Karuni, Loura Sumba Barat Daya, NTT 87254 , Indonesia
contact them on email@example.com
- Community: everything we do at Maringi Sumba and the Sumba Hospitality Foundation is for the community. We love the people and island of Sumba. Our community projects are designed to encourage participation, empowerment and change through collective action. It is our goal to create opportunities for change and development through employment, education, art and handicrafts, and farming. We also believe the opportunity to learn should be available to everyone, not only our students. So, Monday to Friday evenings we offer fun and interactive English classes to the community, free of charge. These classes are taught by our volunteers and our students and enjoyed by children of all ages. One can hear the joy and laughter from all ends of the campus.
The projects hosted and managed by Maringi Sumba and the SHF are evidence of our commitment to the 4 C’s of responsible tourism: Conservation, Community, Culture, and Commerce.
- Vocational School: Maringi Sumba and the SHF have been providing education to the underprivileged youth of Sumba since 2016. The Sumba Hospitality Foundation provides vocational education to high school graduates between the ages of 17 and 23 years old with underprivileged economic and or social backgrounds. Our education program provides full board with meals, healthcare, and internships to all our students.
- Organic Farm and Permaculture: located on the grounds of the Maringi Eco-Resort and our hotel school is our organic farm. Based on permaculture, the farm produces a lot of the herbs and vegetables needed for the hotel kitchen and to feed the students. We also teach the students the methodology of permaculture and organic farming with long-term sustainability as the focus. Permaculture’s principles are rooted in three ethics: earth care, people care, and fair share. Rather than simply yield and commercialism, permaculture ensures that our practices work in cooperation with, and benefit to, the planet rather than merely taking from and polluting it. This makes it an ideal system to introduce and share with the home villages of our students.
Other Secret Retreats Nearby
Secret RetreatsTugu BaliBali
Secret RetreatsSanak Retreat BaliBali
Secret RetreatsLotus Bungalows CandidasaBali
Secret RetreatsPuri Ganesha Homes by the BeachBali
Secret RetreatsSamsara UbudBali
Secret RetreatsSurya Shanti VillaBali
Secret RetreatsTugu MalangJava
Secret RetreatsHotel Tugu BlitarJava
Unique Travel Itineraries and Secret Experiences
Why Book with Secret Retreats ?
Personal assistance from our Concierge offering local knowledge and insider tips to help you plan and book your perfect Asian journey.
Booking with Secret Retreats supports Responsible and Sustainable tourism in Asia.
Benefit from our local knowledge and passion for our homes to personalize your stay.
Join the Secret Society, get immediate discount from the first reservation and be privy to insider only deals, offers, and exclusive travel experiences.
Travel Asia with Secret Retreats
Secret Retreats is a curated community of independent boutique hotel, villas, yachts and river boats keen to share their Asian Homes with travelers, sustainably and responsibly.
Conservation of the environment, culture and traditions of Asia is of paramount importance to all in Secret Retreats.
A community of like-minded hospitality professionals, we offer our guests authentic travel experiences that go beyond typical offerings to unveil the essence of Asia. Supporting the Asia based hoteliers and hospitality professionals and providing incredible holidays in Asia and tailor-made Asia travel itineraries direct to public ad travel agents.
Get inspired and make savings!
By booking direct with Secret Retreats and enjoy peace of mind from our full on the ground support. Contact our concierge and plan then book your Asia holiday now!