Set in the ideal location to share with guests the very best of traditional and ‘off the beaten path’ Bali, Surya Shanti Villa Sidemen is a 10 room and suite boutique hotel that has been designed to provide a serene, private and luxurious home from home for guests to Bali. Carefully set amidst Bali’s famed rice terraces against the breath-taking backdrop of Mount Agung, Bali’s revered and iconic volcano, guests are immersed within a verdant picture-postcard perfect scene when staying at Surya Shanti Sidemen. Looking to vernacular architecture for inspiration, the hotel has been designed to harmonize and blend with its environment. Traditional building techniques and design motifs have ensured the structure and scale of the rooms and buildings blend harmoniously with Surya Shanti’s location – a strong sense of place is assured for guests of Surya Shanti Sidemen.
The neighbouring village of Sidemen gives guests a wonderful opportunity to witness and experience the traditional lifestyles of rural Bali. Home to a variety of artisans the village of Sidemen welcomes the hotel’s guests to witness and take part in some of the activities of village life. The hotel team are always on-hand to arrange visits where guests can learn about local handicrafts, traditional cooking, local belief and religious ceremonies. A stay at Surya Shanti shares with guests the rare opportunity to experience Balinese lifestyles unchanged in centuries and largely untouched by modernity and mass tourism. Other activities include treks on Mount Agung, walks and cycling in the local area, guided treks, cooking classes, and not forgetting to allow time to enjoy the amenities at Surya Shanti.
The hotel features 2 swimming pools, an excellent restaurant serving both Indonesian and international cuisine, a bar and lounge, a spa with well trained therapists offering a range of treatments and massage, a warm and professional team taking care of guests in a uniquely charming Balinese style, and chauffer services from airport transfers to excursions around Bali. Surya Shanti’s 10 rooms and suites are classified in 3 categories, Deluxe, Suite and Mezzanine. Each room type has been decorated in a traditional Balinese style and includes all the modern amenities today’s traveller requires such as wonderfully comfortable beds, individual air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minibars, and private en-suite bathrooms. Every one of the rooms also enjoys beautiful views of the surrounding nature of Sidemen valley and South Bali’s Bay. Surya Shanti Villa is set in the village of Sidemen in East Bali, about 90minute’s drive from Bali’s Denpasar International Airport. Experience the real Bali in a stay at Surya Shanti.
Sylvie and Joel
Your Host and The Team
“Fruit of a friendship and a common passion for Bali, we created Surya Shanti in 2010 with the aim of promoting responsible tourism that benefits the Balinese, to welcome our guests as friends, to share our knowledge and our respect for this Island. We have also founded an association "Pasraman Vidya Giri" to encourage the children of the valley to study and explore together their potential while teaching them to respect nature and the environment. The foundation welcomes children from the village of Sidemen and offers them Gamelan lessons, Balinese dance lessons, yoga and meditation, with a dinner at the end of the course. ”
Mezzanine Family Villa (2 units)
Deluxe Room Valley View (4 units)
Suite Agung (4 units)
Facilities and Highlights
- Swimming Pool: Surya Shanti Villa has two infinity pools with each one offering stunning views. One of the pools looks towards the iconic and majestic Mount Agung volcano, and the other shares views of South Bali Bay with bathers.
- The Spa: a relaxing oasis that offers a range of treatments designed to rejuvenate and soothe mind, body, and soul. The spa at Surya Shanti Villa Sidemen is set within a traditional wooden joglo, in the resort's tranquil gardens. The semi-open-air treatment rooms share stunning views of the surrounding rice paddies and mountains with guests. Surya Shanti’s well-trained and professional therapists use natural, locally sourced ingredients for the spa products to provide a holistic experience that combines ancient healing practices with modern treatment techniques and practices.
- Yoga: Surya Shanti’s serene setting, steeped in nature as it is, is the perfect location to practice yoga and meditation. The hotel’s open-air yoga pavilion looks out over the surrounding rice paddies and mountains beyond, a truly tranquil and contemplative space that will inspire your yoga and meditation practice. Yoga classes are led daily by Surya Shanti’s experienced and certified yoga instructors for guests of all levels. Private yoga sessions can also be arranged.
- Restaurant: The Chefs and kitchen team at Surya Shanti Villa offer Indonesian, International and a perfect meeting of 2 worlds in their fusion cuisine which is crafted with a French twist from the freshest locally sourced ingredients.
- Bar Lounge: The perfect space to enjoy a sundowner with family and friends. Enjoy a full range of beverages and cocktails while simply relaxing or playing games with friends all under the calming gaze from a reclining Buddha statue set within the lounge.
- Cooking Class: The perfect gift to share with loved ones back home, learn some local cooking techniques and dishes and share these exciting flavours with friends once home.
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 10 rooms
Check-out until 12:00
Time zone: (GMT+08:00) Singapore
Currency accepted: IDR
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on email@example.com
ACCESSAbout 90 minutes drive from Denpasar Airport. Contact the Secret Retreats Concierge to book your private transfers to and from Surya Shanti Villa Sidemen.
Airport: Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport (DPS) - 56 km
CONTACTBanjar Tebola, Sidemen, Telaga Tawang, Karangasem, Bali - 80864 , Indonesia