The Lost World of the Dragon Safari- A Secret Retreats journey -
Immerse yourself in the blue water bursting with colorful aquatic life of the Komodo Archipelago, a New 7 Wonders of Nature.
It is believed that one upon a time, there was a fairy lady who lived in Komodo Island. The villagers named her Putri Naga, “The Dragon Princess.”
The Princess married a local man and gave birth to twins: one human "Gerong" who grew up among the villagers and one dragon "Orah" who grew up in the forest. They never knew that they were siblings.
Years had passed, when one day Gerong went deer hunting in the forest. As he collected his prey, the dragon came out from the bushes and tried to take it. After he failed to convince the dragon to go away, he lifted his spear ready to kill the dragon. A beautiful goddess, “Putri Naga” appeared and told Gerong not to kill the dragon. She told him that the dragon “Orah” was his twin and they should live in a harmony. To this day, the Komodo Islanders believe that the Komodo Dragons are their family members and they should live together sharing their land without borders.
NEED HELP ?
Contact the concierge on
It is believed that “Orah”, the Komodo dragon, was born in the Komodo Village which is a small fishing village on the island. We will take you to this island. You will meet the villagers who will be excited and proud to introduce you to their customs and traditions. After lunch on board, we move to Padar, for a short trek of about one hour.
Tonight, after dinner, we set up a cinema for you!
Taka in the Bugis/South Celebes language means reef while Makassar is the originating city of Orang Laut “Bajau People” who settled in the Komodo Archipelago. Dive or snorkel with Manta. As you immerse yourself, up to one hundred of the majestic manta rays will welcome you to their blue waters. In the shallower depths, you will see schools of humphead parrotfish, bamboo sharks and marble rays cruising at great speeds.
Around 4pm we will continue the cruise to Tatawa Besar, on time to watch the sunset and enjoy a nice candlelight dinner on a beach.
After lunch, the crew will drive you to the airport and wave you a fond farewell…
The Lost World of the Dragon Safari
based on 4 persons sharing the same yacht
(Valid for travel before 30 April 2019)
The total price includes:
- 3 nights on board based on up to 4 people sharing the 2 cabins
- All meals specified in the programme (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner) inclusive of all non-alcoholic drinks
- Ground transportation
- All excursions as specified in the programme with park/entry fees,
- Diving gear and sport equipment,
- PADI dive course up to advanced-level certification,
- DAN insurance
- Full Crew including Knowledgeable Cruise Director & Captain, Certified Dive Instructor & Dive Master, Butler and Chef.
The total price does not include:
- Domestic & International flights (domestic flights will be quoted at the moment of reservation).
- All meals not specified in the programme.
- All services not specified in the programme.