|(Singapore, 21 December 2017) – Secret Retreats, a collection of more than 100 independently owned boutique hotels, restaurants and cruises, has revealed 29 new Members now available for booking and is set to continue its growth with nearly 20 additional properties and restaurants in the pipeline for early 2018.
Designed to connect the best of Asia’s independent accommodation, cruise and culinary offerings, the curated collection of experiences – categorised into Secret Retreats, Secret Villas, Secret Inns, Secret Cruises and Secret Tables – provides discerning travellers with the keys to unlock the essence of Asia while supporting locally owned businesses in 16 countries across the continent. Each Member has been selected to join the community based on their unique, quality offering combined with a passion for sharing with guests or diners their own personal story, culture, cuisine and traditions.
In 2017 Secret Retreats increased its membership by nearly 30% welcoming 18 new properties and boats and 11 new restaurants (see below). Ranging from UNESCO-protected heritage homes in Penang to picturesque farm stays in rural Myanmar, all-inclusive private charters aboard traditional Indonesian sailing boats to cutting-edge restaurants run by Michelin-starred chefs, the new Members offer travellers one-of-a-kind experiences including the collection’s first offerings in Singapore and Taiwan.
While the hotel options have long attracted travellers looking for boutique accommodation with an emphasis on intimacy, design and culture, Secret Retreats has seen the most growth in its Secret Tables collection growing from seven restaurants last year to now 18 Members. Run by some of the region’s most lauded and creative chefs, all the restaurants are dedicated to offering dishes using local and seasonal ingredients, often blending traditional recipes with contemporary preparation and presentation techniques. New restaurant members include JL Studio in Taiwan, Babe in Kuala Lumpur, Seeds in Yangon and Labyrinth in Singapore.
The group has also launched 13 Secret Journeys, organised itineraries showcasing the history, culture, community and gastronomy of different regions curated by locals. Ranging from four to 11 nights in distinctive destinations such as Ladakh, Palawan, Rajasthan and Sarawak, the journeys can be booked through the Secret Retreats Concierge. Another five journeys will be available next year.
“We started Secret Retreats to help connect independent Asian properties and restaurants not only with curious guests and diners, but also other like-minded owners and projects,” said Secret Retreats Managing Director Stéphane Junca. “In 2017 we really saw our initial concept come to life as our network grew across the continent with each Member complementing one another. Now travellers booking through Secret Retreats can piece together their experiences, exploring Asia through the Secret Retreats lens, or opt for crafted journeys for a true insider experience away from the usual tourist trail.”
New Secret Retreats Members
- Heritage Suites, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Heritage Tented Camp, SiemReap, Cambodia
- The River Resort, Champassak , Laos
- Cheong Fatt Tze, Penang, Malaysia
- The Bohemian Residence, Ayutthaya, Thailand
- Amaranth River House, Hoi An, Vietnam
- Pindaya Farm, Pindaya, Myanmar
- Inle Heritage, Inle Lake, Myanmar
- Yandabo Home, Mandalay, Myanmar
- Apsara Rive Droite, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Manukan Island, Sabah, Malaysia
- Poring Hot Spring, Sabah, Malaysia
- Kinabalu Park, Sabah, Malaysia
New Secret Cruises Members
- Nyaman Boat, Komodo, Indonesia
- Sekonyer, Borneo, Indonesia
- Stereden, Phuket, Thailand
- Bassac Cruise, Mekong Delta, Vietnam
- Satri Boat, Luang Prabang, Laos
New Secret Tables Members
- JL Studio, Taichung, Taiwan
- Mume, Taipei, Taiwan
- Seeds, Yangon, Myanmar
- The Hue House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Labyrinth, Singapore
- Blackitch, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Samuay & Sons, Udon Thani, Thailand
- Manda de Laos, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Le Calao, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Dewakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Babe, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia