Take a leisurely 3-day journey down the Mekong River in Southern Laos to witness one of the region’s most remarkable treasures, the mythical UNESCO World Heritage site of Vat Phou, considered the birthplace of Khmer architecture. Featuring 12 newly renovated (2018) cabins with twin and king beds available, the boutique river-borne hotel will take you through timeless landscapes, accentuated by the stunning Si Phun Don, the “4,000 Islands,” and Southeast Asia’s largest waterfalls at Pha Pheng.
Rates from 518USD/person for a 2-night cruise
(based on 2 persons sharing the same cabin)
Find the Secret Cruise to suit you
All cruises start and finish in Pakse cruising for 3 days and 2 nights. To book the perfect cruise to suit your itinerary and for assistance with planning your pre and post cruise itinerary and stays please contact the Secret Retreats concierge on email@example.com.
Your Host & The Team
“Vat Phou crews are local villagers from along the southern end of the Mekong River in Laos, providing income to communities we visit. While learning the importance of hygiene and living in a healthy environment, they are still continuing to improve their English and customer service skills through regular training programs. All crew on the boat live and work in harmony and consider one other as family. This is the beauty of the Vat Phou Cruise.”
Vat Phou Cabins (Double & Twin)
Facilities & Highlights
- All meals are included during the cruise and the galley produces the specialties from Laos, Vietnam and Thailand, lovingly prepared and beautifully presented.
- The boat will stop along to Mekong to visit several sites like
- the Vat Phou ruins, a majestic pre-Angkorian temple complex
- the village of Tom and the mysterious hidden forest temple of Oum Muong
- the small village of Ban Deua Tia, known for its centuries old traditional way of life
- the island of Don Khong, the largest inhabited island in the river archipelago
GENERALCruising Areas: Mekong River (Southern Laos)
Length: 34 m
Number of Cabins: 12
Annual Docking: June
Time zone: (GMT+07:00) Hanoi
Currency accepted: USD, LAK
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type: