“We stayed here between 17/12/17 – 21/12/17 as a party of seven and had the pleasure of having our wedding day planned and hosted by the brilliant staff at Heritage Suites Hotel. Oma, Nicolas, Teka and each and every member of staff, we can’t thank you enough for the hours of work, meticulous attention to detail, beautiful venue and exceptional level of service we had during our stay. You made our wedding the most memorable, intimate and spectacular day we’ve ever experienced, and it’s something neither we or our guests will ever forget.
We won’t bore you with the long story, but basically, we decided to cancel our ‘home wedding’ and elope to the country that we got engaged in two years earlier (best decision ever!). As you would expect, we were quite nervous organising our entire wedding experience via email and Skype, having not seen seen the venue in person. We went back and forth with the team, sharing information and pictures until both sides were confident that we would get the wedding that we wanted. Throughout the entire process, Oma, Nicolas and Teka couldn’t have been more attentive and helpful, answering all of our questions (sorry guys!) until we fully understood each element of our wedding and stay. If you are reading this and thinking of having a wedding ceremony in Cambodia, PLEASE, you should seriously consider using Heritage Suites Hotel as your venue of choice – you won’t regret it.
– The quick transformation of the hotel ‘alley’ / atrium into a beautiful walkway & altar was nothing short of astonishing. The whole place had beautiful white decor, flowers (lotus & rose), with an amazingly decorated platform at the end where the ceremony was held.
– The organisation of external services was exactly what we wanted. Makeup & hair was great, the photographer / videographer (Oyen Rodriguez & his team – check his stuff out on YouTube!) was phenomenal, amazing buttonholes & bouquets, an extremely charming and well spoken registrar called Mourad (who looks like Hugh Laurie!) to lead the ceremony.
– We had the flexibility of tailoring our own ceremony including our own vows, readings and words in a ‘Western style’ and incorporating a Buddhist blessing given by some local monks which we and our guests enjoyed thoroughly.
– More food and drink than you could ever want! The men and women enjoyed a light breakfast separately, before canapés & drinks in the lobby after the ceremony , more canapés & champagne during sunset, and a beautifully cooked dinner on the evening.
– We couldn’t decide between having tuk-tuks or jeeps… so we had both! Each type of transportation were dressed up for the occasion including flowers, ribbons, signage (our initials) and tassels.
– Our transportation took us out to ricefields and other scenic locations for photographs before arriving at a pier on a beautifully still lake (Trav Kot) for sunset canapés and champagne.
– Our final destination was the real show stopper. Teka from Heritage Adventures (sister company of Heritage Suites Hotel) worked with us to organise a luxury camping experience and dinner by a remote temple called Banteay Ampil. Our jeeps pulled up and we were greeted by smiling staff who provided us with necklaces and bracelets made from the Jasmine flower. Venturing further into the campsite, we were surrounded by thousands of tealights, relaxing and having welcome cocktails in a ‘chill out’ area (think lots of cushions, throws, low sitting sofas, fire pits). The luxury tents were incredible – better than our house back home!
We could go on for hours as the team organised so much more (on this day, and the rest of our time with them). We seriously couldn’t fault anything – each element was provided with 100% effort and the full team delivered everything with a smile. It felt as though they were genuinely happy for us, and enjoyed being part of our wedding experience. No text, pictures or videos could do the whole experience justice, and we feel quite smug that only the seven of us will ever know what it truly felt like during these special couple of days.
Aside from our experience from a wedding perspective, the hotel and level of service as a guest was fantastic. The rooms were immaculate, tastefully decorated, spacious and comfortable. The restaurant food during breakfast, lunch and dinner was plentiful, tasty and well-priced. We were never left wanting, with staff always on hand to make sure we had everything we needed.
If anybody would like to speak to us further, feel free to contact Heritage Suites Hotel and ask for Jonathan & Katherine Birch’s contact information) – we’d be more than happy to help!
Mr & Mrs Birch”