Thai & Lao Country Routes- A Secret Retreats journey -
This journey has been personally designed by Lamphoune Voravongsa
Thailand and Laos have many common points or similarities: we share the Mekong, we share a genuine smile and sense of hospitality, we share Buddhism and a cultural heritage... we invite our guests here to discover the beauty of our country sides.
Highlights of the Journey:
Highlights of the Journey:
- A night in Bangkok, one of Asia’s iconic cities.
- Stay in a private riverside residence near Ayutthaya.
- Enjoy a taste of the region with local cuisine and market tours.
- Visit the ancient cities of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai.
- Experience the rich cultures of Chiang Mai and Luang Prabang.
- Stay in a royal residence in Luang Prabang.
- Cruise on the mighty Mekong river along the border of Thailand and Laos.
A voyage of discovery through the birthplace of modern Thailand and the ancient kingdoms of Laos, Lanna and Siam. Explore and enjoy the rich and diverse cultures and lifestyles of these timeless regions, from the hilltribes of northern Thailand and northern Laos to the life along the rivers of central Thailand and the enigmatic Mekong. A journey to the heart of Thailand’s and Laos’s heritage and history.
NEED HELP ?
Contact the concierge on
Overnight in a 2-bedroom Suite
After lunch in a local restaurant you will head north to Suphanburi by road before embarking on a 20minute river cruise to your home for the next two nights, The Bohemian’s Residence. Your private 2-bedroom villa overlooks the river and includes a living room, terrace, swimming pool 13.5 x 3.5m and garden. The boat is available anytime and the housekeeper is at your service, discreet but always present. Your guide is also on hand if required.
Afternoon tea and dinner will be served at the villa, poolside, riverside or in the dining room as you prefer.
Lunch at the villa, unless you prefer to find a local eatery by boat along the river... Enjoy a nap on your terrace, or by the pool, to the sound of the gently flowing river. Later take the boat upstream with your guide to meet the monks of a local temple and enjoy the simplicity of life along the river’s peaceful banks.
Dinner served at the villa, perhaps including your fisherman’s catch of the day too.
After lunch you will enter the old city within the moat. Here you will visit the spectacular temples of Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phra Singh where you will have the chance to meet a Buddhist monk if you wish before returning to your hotel to relax for the rest of the afternoon. We will be happy to make recommendations for dinner – dinner is not included in this day’s program.
After lunch you will have a chance to visit, Elephant Valley, a unique new project where you can observe and learn about Thai Asian elephants. The last stop before arriving at your hotel will be Wat Rong Khun, the famous “White Temple” an artist’s interpretation of a Thai Buddhist temple. It was designed and built by a famous Thai artist, Khun Chalermchai Kositpipat in 1997. Arriving at your hotel, Phu Chai Sai Mountain Resort, by late afternoon.
The boat will peacefully descend the river, passing through pristine forest landscapes before your first stop at an ethnic village to see traditional crafts and a lifestyle unchanged for centuries. Lunch, buffet style with a choice of Laotian dishes, will be served on board at 12:30. The boat will arrive in Pakbeng just before sunset where you will spend the night in the Luang Say Lodge. Dinner will be served on the terrace of the lodge overlooking the Mekong.
Thai & Lao Country Routes
The total price includes:
- Accommodation based on four people sharing as indicated a large room or two rooms.
- All meals specified in the programme (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner).
- All transfers as specified, in private car or air-conditioned van.
- All excursions as specified in the programme.
- All entry fees.
- A guide service for all excursions.
The total price does not include:
- International flights.
- Meals not specified in the programme.
- All services not specified in the programme.
- Fees for Lao visas ($30 - $40) USD per person (depending on nationality) plus one passport photo.
- All insurances including cancellation insurance/ travel insurance/ repatriation or lost luggage insurances.
- All tips.