“I can’t say enough about this hotel! We booked at 4 Rivers on the recommendation of some friends who had visited the area and had seen the hotel from a far. It really is a one of a kind experience. Here are the highlights:
– The food was gourmet (and we are food snobs…), including the lunches packed for day excursions. There is also good wine list.
– The staff were all incredibly courteous and went out of their way to ensure everyone was having a good time. Adonis, the manager, really seems to have pulled together a great team.
– Our lead guide Rambo (his nickname!) gave good advice on the tours and made the days very fun. Definitely take the trip to the waterfall, and try the sunset cruise too.
– The pre-dinner firefly viewing was very cool
– The tents themselves are really special. They are very spacious, and the fans in the room kept the temperature just right for sleeping. Having a ladder right of the deck made swimming super easy and we were in and out of the water all the time.
– Watching the sky change colours every night was an activity unto itself.
– The lodge arranged our transportation to/from, and it was very professional and reasonably priced.
Overall I would say it was excellent value for the money. We were there for 3 nights and i would say that was the perfect amount of time. Definitely stay there if you have a chance!”